SERB Core Research Grant (Individual Centric) 2022 is a research opportunity offered by the Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) to emerging and eminent scientists. The scheme provides core research support and other benefits to active researchers to undertake research and development in frontier areas of Science and Engineering. Since the scheme provides core research support to the active researchers, the existing name Extramural Research (EMR) has been renamed as Core Research Grant (CRG).
To be eligible, an applicant must –
- Be an Indian citizen
- Hold a regular academic/research position in a recognized academic institution or a national laboratory or in any other recognized R & D institution in India OR
- Hold a PhD degree in Science, Mathematics, Engineering OR M.D./M.S./M.D.S./M.V.Sc degree at the time of applying for the grant*
- Be a faculty recruited through UGC-Faculty Recharge Program OR
- Be an investigator who will be superannuating during the duration of the project or already superannuated with at least 5 years of service remaining
*Note – To submit a proposal under the Quantitative Social Sciences area, The PI and Co-Investigator(s) should hold a PhD degree in Science, Mathematics, Engineering, M.D./M.S./M.D.S./M.V.Sc. degree or PhD degree in any Social Sciences area.
The selected scholars will receive a core research grant and the following benefits –
- Research support to an individual researcher or a group of researchers working in a recognized academic institution or national laboratory or in other recognized R & D institutions in India.
- Funding for research extends to a period of 3 years.
- Overheads are also provided to the implementing institution as per prevailing norms of SERB.
- Research grant to cover equipment, manpower, consumables, travel and contingency
- A certificate from the principal investigator
- An endorsement letter from the Head of Institution
- Approval Letter
- Plagiarism undertaking
Follow the below steps to apply for the grant:
Step 1: Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button below and read all details.
Step 2: Navigate to the ‘How to apply online‘ section, click on the given link and register in the ‘SERB Online Portal’.
Step 3: Fill in the required details in the mandatory fields in Profile Detail under User Profile, upload the necessary documents and submit the online application.
Note – The proposal has to be uploaded in a single PDF file not more than 10 MB as other technical documents (OTD).